In attempts to reimburse myself into my character, I am listening to my favorite short stories that have been about describing food or the taste of food. I enjoy food but when you can describe it in such a visceral and artistic manner you can almost taste it.
So, while I've taken part in my drinking sessions I've decided to share my recipe for Sweet Potatoes Fires.
Sweet potatoes, cut into fries (one inch to an inch and a half)
1 gallon plastic bag
Vegetable oil (1 tablespoon per lb potato)
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Cut potato into fries
2. Place fries into plastic bag of oil and shake to coat fries.
3. Pour in salt, pepper, and garlic into bag and shake again.
4. Spread fries evenly across tinfoil coated baking sheet and slide into an oven preheat at 400 degrees.
5. Cook for 15 minutes before turning oven off and leaving in for 5 minutes extra.
6. Pull out and eat (ketchup is best to serve with).